
The news makes me facepalm so much, I'm red in the face. It's the loud, unhappy halfwits that bother me the most. I've been assured by an older generation that this is not new thing, which is unfortunate. Cyclical messes.

I had a row with a co-worker last week. This is a really sad thing considering that we're a very small office & we're tight-knit. She's been here for months and we've covered for her, so that she could ease into her responsibilities without stress and worry. There are a couple of things that everyone is required to know how to do, no exceptions. I gently reminded her that we needed to get her trained. There was some passive-agressive this & that from her, which I ignored because I really hate that nonsense. She started treating the others poorly, for which I never heard the end of. Anyway, in short, she fronted and proclaimed that she wasn't going to do it, I couldn't make her, and it's not in her job description, which is all true. I informed her that she could take that issue up with the boss and if she felt she had to go strictly by job description that maybe she'd take note that everyone goes above and beyond job description in this office because we are friends, we care for each other, and we do what it takes to TCB. She can be a part of that if she chooses, but no one is going to make her do anything, but SHE WILL LEARN HOW TO DO WHAT IS REQUIRED OF HER. That pretty much ended the argument. She begged for forgiveness and that we never speak of it again, which I agreed to. Still, despite my proceeding with "business as usual", I can tell that it is a struggle for her and that she hasn't actually let go. It's tiresome. I'm just glad that I didn't roll over and had the opportunity to say my piece at the very beginning. For all intents and purposes, this case is closed. Anything else will be deferred to the judge because I'm recusing from the matter. However, I'm still trying to figure out how I got singled out as ringleader. Very annoying stuff. It bothered me very much.

It's hot out there! 100 days of the stuff! I gave up on the geraniums and the petunias, but moved the sweet potato vine to the back. Pray for it's recovery. Also, drink lots of fluids and stay indoors, alright? Don't forget to SPF. And do the tighten' up!

We gave the dining room a new look with paint -- the green was lovely, but not suitable for a windowless room.



We left a strip of green for remembering:

Our sad liquor cart that needs to be stocked, but, hey, the corner looks nice!

I need
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about the coworker woes. Drama at work, especially in a small office environment, is the WORST. It's happened to me in the past, and it was yucky. Glad you're back from the break! I missed you. xo.
Post a Comment